Coming August 2017—Midwifery at Richmond OB-GYN
Our new midwifery practice will give Virginia women even more options for good health—before, during and after pregnancy.
After 25 years as one of Virginia’s most highly respected experts in women’s health and childbirth, Alice Hirata, M.D., has joined the physician team of Richmond OB-GYN, to establish the midwifery practice at our new West End location. Taking a compassionate and holistic approach to care, Dr. Hirata will be joined by a staff of certified nurse-midwives, to help serve women interested in natural childbirth options starting August 2017.
Bon Secours Richmond OB-GYN midwifery services include complete prenatal and postpartum care for women with low-risk pregnancies, treatment of common gynecological problems and infections, as well as referrals for mammography, osteoporosis screening and other diagnostic tests.
- Complete prenatal and postpartum care for women with low-risk pregnancies
- CenteringPregnancy® group prenatal care
- Lactation and breastfeeding consulting
- Well-woman annual exams
- Treatment of common gynecological problems and infections
- Referrals for mammography, osteoporosis screening and other diagnostic tests
- Adolescent care
- Primary care wellness promotion
- Preconception care and family planning
- Menopausal care, including hormone replacement therapy
Our certified nurse-midwives are registered nurses with master’s degrees, post-master’s training and board certification by the American College of Nurse-Midwives, dedicated to a natural approach to childbirth that is always caring, collaborative and compassionate.